Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sorbet Pendants

Hi, it's me - Bettina Welker. I'm really thrilled to be part of this year's Clay Carnival adventure. It will not only be my first time teaching at this event - I also have never been to the bright and glamorous city of Las Vegas.

Well, I was thinking about which class to bring with me to this place of exuberance in light and color and I decided that my "Sorbet Pendant Class" would be a perfect match.

These pendant necklaces feature a lustrous ghost image design in bright and juicy eye-catching colors. The real fun fact about this project however is: The toggle clasp that closes the necklace at the front actually is formed by the Sorbet Pendant itself. It's really a fun class and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do.

By the way: all the Kato Poly Clay necessary for the projects will be provided by Van Aken International

And here's the materials list for the Sorbet Pendants:

  • Pasta machine
  • Acrylic rod
  • Rigid and flexible blade
  • Craft knife or scalpel
  • Cookie cutters (about 1 inch wide - round, triangular, square)
  • A very small round cutter (for example a 3-4 mm Kemper Kutter)
  • Texture plates or stamps
  • Wet sanding paper (400-2000 grit)
  • Cylindrical baking mold (empty tin or soda can)
  • 20 inches of black 3 mm buna cord
  • CA glue
  • Flush cutters
  • Round nose pliers
  • Flat nose pliers
  • Hand drill with a 1 mm and 3mm drill bit
  • Head pins (0.8 - 1 mm)
  • Small chain (like a necklace extension chain, 2 inches)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Bettina-I love this class! Looking forward to meeting you at the Carnival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how wonderful and fun! Love your colors!

    ReplyDelete